Emotions

I created this, tonight, to represent emotions and how only a small part of the body can send massive signals. I used a blank piece of cartridge paper to draw and paint eyes and allow watercolours to drip down to create the appearance of tears.

This is a very natural piece in the sense that I allowed the paint to drip and smudge where it desired. I used the watercolour first to create a base for the shadows and skin, then I went in with colouring pencils to create deeper shadows in the creases and create more colour in the eyes and brows. The last few steps were working in with an ink pen to introduce dark lines for hair and the pupil’s detail. The last step was going in with white acrylic to create a water/glass effect on the eyes and emphasise the reflection of light on the tears and eyes.

I really like the outcome of this piece because of the style of realism mixed with a slight abstraction of the disappeared face. I think this would look nice as a collection, built around this style, of multiple pieces.

IMG_4091IMG_4092IMG_4093

Advertisements

GCSE Food Project

Recently, I re-discovered my piece I created for one of my GCSE projects labelled Food. I got an A in this specific module.

I experimented with the movement and explosion of food and it’s colour. This was my final piece experiments. I used a mallet and hammer to smash the fruit and used a slow motion cam to catch the moments on film.

I then presented the watermelon on the ground in specific positions to take a few photographs in a still motion. I then used these primary photographs to create a final piece completed with a multitude of media. Oil paints, acrylic, watercolour and melted crayon were all combined to create this final piece.

I loved this project as it allowed my imagination to go crazy and made me go outside of my comfort zone in making a mess, to create a whole new idea that I’ve never done before. I would love to explore the experimentation of destruction to create art in the future.

 

IMG_4473

My Final Piece

 

Paris Short 2016

During my visit to Disneyland Paris with my sister this year, 2016, I tested out my GoPro for the first time to create a film. I started with a whole film of footage but then condensed it to make a short, lasting a couple minutes.
I loved making this, both the filming and editing; to edit, I used the software available for an Apple Mac computer called iMovie. It’s relatively easy to use once you know how to apply effects, cut clips and play with sound.
This is not my first time making movies/shorts but I want to publish this as I am proud and found that this has come out much better than my others; maybe due to the camera, software or experience.

Hope you enjoy watching!

Here’s the link to my Paris Short on YouTube:

Comparing VOGUE Covers from 1920’s to 20th Century

This was a piece that was incorporated in my recent A Level ‘Spirit of Art Deco’ Exam project. This was to compare the differences and similarities of Vogue covers over time.

I started with the date my project is based on (1920) and found it was very illustrating based in its style. I then looked at 1940 where it was still heavily illustrative inspired but the side text on the front covers started to appear and there was a more realistic approach to the style. The next was the 60s where it had taken a massive jump to photographs and its recognisable font and appearance that we see today.

This whole piece was done with watercolour and ink using a range of sizes of paintbrushes to create techniques from realistic skin textures to fine lines for the fonts.

My favourite is the 1940s one because I feel this shows off my skill the best and enjoy how the layout out is presented on the page.

IMG_3265

1920, 1940, 1960, 2016

IMG_3295

My favourite